Black Caucus Blogger: Better Cameras Would Have Picked Up N-Word at Tea Party Protest

Blogger Doug Ross interviewed Lauren Victoria Burke, the “unofficial blogger of the Congressional Black Caucus” (CBC), on the fabricated racial attacks on Black Caucus members by tea party patriots on Capitol Hill last month. Burke was the first member of the democratic-media complex to report on the bogus attacks. The Black Caucus members and their media lapdogs have yet to produce any evidence that a racial attack occurred on March 20th. There is currently a $100,000 reward for proof of a racist attack on the Congressional members.

Several people, including Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. filmed the entire episode and could not find any evidence of racist hate.

Jackson found nothing.

The Black Caucus members have still not apologized for their outrageous accusations.


This was a remarkable interview. Burke blamed the quality of video equipment for not picking up the n-word being shouted 15 times by the protesters.

Doug Ross: There are more than a dozen videos of various portions of the walk both to and from the Capitol, and no one has been able to pinpoint any racial epithets. Even Rep. Jackson seemed to be videotaping. Do you think it’s concerning there is no evidence of the allegations in an age where virtually every second in public is taped?

Lauren Victoria Burke: What I think about recording in this situation… I really don’t know if the sound any particular sound would be picked up. Remember, a lot of these are flip-phones or small digital cameras, not exactly heavy-duty professional microphones. One thing that doesn’t come across is is how loud it was out there.

A unidirectional mike wouldn’t necessarily capture it. It was a wall of sound and, while some of the tapes I’ve heard are better than others, I’m not that impressed by the theory advanced by Mr. Hannity and Mr. Breitbart that it had to be recorded to have happened…

Ross: Actually, the reports I’ve seen indicate that no one was arrested, and the media was off-base on that, and that there are disputes that the incident actually took place. How do you see it?

Burke: What happened was that the Capitol Police grabbed who Cleaver thought it was, but he didn’t want to ID the wrong person. Now the Capitol Police are allowed to hold someone for 45 minutes without charges and they did so, but released him because Cleaver just wasn’t sure.

Now this is a felony assault, this spitting incident, and a lot of the attorneys on staff were very upset. The police should have pursued an assault claim, since this was a federal official it was a felony. But Cleaver was unsure that was the right person and decided to drop it.

Actually, Cleaver backtracked on his spitting accusation late last week.

You Might Like
You Might Like