House Leader Boehner Announces GOP Dream Team For Tomorrow's Health Care Summit …Update: Sen. Snowe Turns Down Invite
Here’s a pep talk for Team Freedom on the eve of the Obamacare summit–
Ronald Reagan speaks out against socialized medicine:
House Republican Leader John Boehner announced his starting lineup for tomorrow’s nationalized health care summit in Washington DC. It’s a strong team.
The Hill reported:
The list includes House GOP leaders, ranking members of key committees and lawmakers who have been outspoken against the Democrats’ healthcare bill throughout much of the debate:
* Republican Leader John Boehner
* Republican Whip Eric Cantor (Va.)
* Energy and Commerce Committee ranking Republican Joe Barton (Texas)
* Ways and Means Committee ranking Republican Dave Camp (Mich.)
* Education and Labor Committee ranking Republican John Kline (Minn.)
* Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), an Energy and Commerce member
* Rep. Charles Boustany Jr. (R-La.) — a heart surgeon who delivered the GOP’s rebuttal to President Barack Obama’s address on healthcare last year.
* Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.), a lawmaker who was close with Obama during their time in the Illinois state Senate.
* Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), a Republican policy bona fide and ranking member of the Budget Committee.
Boehner said this afternoon that Republicans plan use the summit to “point out what we believe the flaws are” in the president’s plan.”
Republicans also have a “truth squad” of Representatives who are doctors standing by to fact-check the democrat’s awful plan.
The Politico reported today that Obama’s latest plan won’t cut costs.
UPDATE: Senator Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) turned down the invite.