SHOOTING IN ST. LOUIS- 8 Shot – 3 Dead …Suspect Still Loose- Interstate Shut Down (Videos) …Update: Suspect Dead

St. Louis police have not found the person responsible for the shooting at the ABB plant.
The suspect is still loose within the facility. Some employees at the business ran to the rooftop to escape the gunfire. Two people are critically injured and another is seriously injured.
The suspect’s name is Timothy Hendron from Webster Groves.

Video from Freedom’s Lighthouse

** St. Louis Police have put out an APB for a vehicle associated with the shooting. It is a 2001 Nissan truck, pewter in color with Missouri tags “0KK 696”. Police say the subject is armed with an assault rifle. He carried a handgun, a rifle and an ammunition belt.

A man shot at least one person dead today at ABB Power plant in St. Louis.
The AP reported:


A man with an assault rifle walked into a power company Thursday and opened fire, killing one person and wounding four others, authorities said. Officers surrounded the building as they searched for the gunman.

The shooting occurred around 6:30 a.m. at the ABB Power plant on the city’s north side and three hours later, police believed the gunman was still in the building.

Fire Department spokesman Bob Keuss identified the suspected shooter as Timothy Herndon of Webster Groves. Broadcast reports said he was an employee of the plant, but Keuss could not confirm that.

Names of the victims were not immediately released. Two were hospitalized in critical condition and one was in serious condition, Keuss said. The other had injuries he described as minor.

The man decided to shoot up the place on the coldest day of the year here in St. Louis. The temperatures are expected to drop near 0 degrees tonight.

The ABB facility is in North St. Louis City off of Interstate 70 north of downtown.

KMOX News confirms Henrdon was a plaintiff in a lawsuit against ABB regarding pension losses.
Here’s the latest video from local FOX 2:
 Police have shut down Interstate 70 between Jennings Station and Union in both directions near the shooting scene.

UPDATE: The suspect shot himself dead in the Human Resource’s office.

You Might Like