Eric Holder Insists Team O Won't Selectively Release Terror Docs… Like They Just Did …Update: Obama Flips
Eric Holder told Congress today that Team Obama would not selectively release terror documents… Like they just did last week.
The AP reported:
Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress on Thursday he won’t play “hide and seek” with secret memos about harsh interrogations of terror suspects and their effectiveness. In testimony before the House Appropriations Committee, Holder said he’s willing to release as much information as possible about the interrogations.
Several members of the committee pressed him about the Justice Department’s release last week of four long-secret legal memos detailing the harsh techniques used on some detainees during the Bush administration.
“It is certainly the intention of this administration not to play hide and seek, or not to release certain things,” said Holder. “It is not our intention to try to advance a political agenda or to try to hide things from the American people.”
In an interview this week Former VP Dick Cheney formally asked the Obama Administration to declassify all of the terror memos including those that show the success of the interrogation efforts. The CIA confirmed that waterboarding of 9/11 mastermind Led to Info that aborted 9/11-style attack on Los Angeles.
UPDATE: Obama Flips–
Later today President Obama reportedly resisted pressure from Democrats to investigate Bush-era interrogation techniques while questioning former Vice President Dick Cheney’s call for the release of more internal memos.
That didn’t take long. It only took Obama a few hours to refute what his Attorney General had just told Congress.
Do you think the media will pick up on this?