Bill & Hillary Set a High Bar for Culture of Corruption Enthusiasts
On Monday January 16, 2006 at a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Service at the Canaan Baptist Church of Christ in Harlem, Hillary Clinton launched into an impassioned attack on the Bush administration.
Hillary Clinton, with a straight face, blasted the Bush Administration saying:
“We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence. I predict to you that this administration will go down on history as one of the worst that has ever governed out country.”
The Bush Administration has a tall task ahead of it if it wants to catch the previous Administration in indictments (1 indictment of VP Assistant, Scooter Libby), convictions (0), and imprisonments(0).
For the sake of assisting the Former First Lady with her memory, here is a list of blemishes from the Clinton Culture of Corruption Years:
* Number close to the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 44
* Number of convictions during his administration: 33
* Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
* Number of imprisonments: 14
* Number of presidential impeachments: 1
* Number of independent counsel investigations: 7
* Number of congressional witnesses pleading the 5th Amendment: 72
* Number of witnesses fleeing the country to avoid testifying: 17
* Number of foreign witnesses who have declined interviews by investigative bodies: 19
The Clinton machine now holds the record for the administration with:
* The most number of convictions and guilty pleas
* The most number of cabinet members to come under criminal investigation
* The most number of witnesses to flee the country or refuse to testify
* The most number of key witnesses to die suddenly
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad.
The Bush Administration has quite a bit of catching up to do!
Previously This week on Hillary:
Hillary Spews Hate at Al Sharpton’s MLK Church Service
Laura Bush Scoffs at Hillary & Ray Nagin’s Remarks
Hillary Covers All Bases at Princeton TalkHillary’s Whopper: Bush is Just Expanding on the “Carter Policy”
Hillary Bashes Bush While Banking Iranian Donations!
The New York Times notices that the Bush Administration is “firing back” at Mrs. Clinton after her disgusting remarks on MLK Day. They seem surprised that the Administration may be upset with her outlandish remarks.
Update: (Monday AM) Opinion Journal has an exceptional piece on Hillary’s latest behavior and the Condi threat. Here is one paragraph that stuck out:
This is why so many Republicans (including Laura Bush) now salivate at the thought of a Rice presidential bid. No other potential Republican candidate could–to borrow an old Marxist phrase–better “heighten the contradictions” of modern liberalism and Democratic power than Ms. Rice. The more ugly her persecution by the civil rights establishment and the left, the more she would give liberalism the look of communism in its last days–an ideology long since hollowed of its idealism and left with nothing save its meanness and repressiveness. Who can say what Ms. Rice will do. But history is calling her, or someone like her. She is the object of a deep longing in America for race to be finally handled, not by political idealisms, but by the classic principles of freedom and fairness.
And, in a new Right-of-Center Blogger poll today guess who comes out on top as the choice for ’08?