Vegas Shooter Filmed Himself During Slaughter, Set Up Surveillance in Hotel Hallway
As previously reported, crazed shooter Stephen Paddock slaughtered over 50 people Sunday night at a Las Vegas country western concert in a mass shooting.
Another 500+ people were injured.
Paddock set up a camera inside of his hotel room to film his shooting rampage. He also set up surveillance in the hallway to keep an eye on law enforcement closing in on him.
Via The New York Post:
The shooter had at least one lens set up to tape himself as he unleashed hell on thousands of unsuspecting concertgoers several hundred yards below his ritzy casino suite, according to ABC News.
Apparently knowing cops would eventually catch up to him, he also wired cameras in the hallway outside his room so he could see when the heat was getting close, the Daily Mail reported.
More information about the shooter and details unfolding surrounding Paddock as The Guardian reported:
- A total of 59 people have died, not including the suspect, and 527 people have been injured.
- Police said authorities found several pounds of ammonium nitrate, a material used to make explosives, in the suspect’s car.
- At least 17 guns were found in the hotel room of the shooter.
- The shooter is believed to have fired roughly 500 yards from his hotel room to the site of the concert.
- The suspect had a girlfriend, who is currently in Tokyo, according to police, who are continuing to investigate her and plan to meet with her when she returns.
- Police are preparing to raid another property of the suspect in Reno, Nevada.
- Authorities still have no information to share about a possible motive for the shooting.
NBC News also reported that Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock wired $100,000 to the Philippines one week before Sunday’s mass murder.