Markets Hit Another Record! DOW Has Increased 23% Since Election of President Trump on November 8th, 2016
Guest post by Joe Hoft
It’s Official – the US Stock Market Reached Another All Time High Today – The Markets Under President Trump Have Now Increased the All Time Highs to More than 22,500!
* The DOW has risen 23% since the election on November 8th. (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on October 2nd the DOW closed at 22,558.)
* The DOW has increased more than 4,220 points during this time period.
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the DOW is up almost 14%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd 2016 and closed above 21,000 on March 1st 2017.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market gained $4 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 also broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
Note that when Barack Obama was elected President on November 4th, 2008, the Stock Market stood at 9,625. However, the All Time stock market high on November 4th, 2008, was recorded on October 9th, 2007 when the market reached 14,164. After Obama was elected the stock market tanked to a low of 6,547 on March 9th, 2009. President Obama never saw a new market high in his entire first term or 4 years. The DOW finally reached a new high in March of 2013.
In nearly every economic indicator the economy is moving in the right direction. If this continues President Trump will sit over one of the greatest, if not the greatest economic boom in US history.