Report: 50 House Republicans Tell Trump To Fire IRS Chief!
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
IRS Chief, John Koskinen is on the chopping block according to reports.
Via Washington Examiner:
Rep. Mark Walker, R-N.C., will make the ask. The chairman of the Republican Study Committee has quietly but urgently been circulating a letter inside the GOP conference to build support. He’s now got 50 congressmen signed onto the letter.
While Trump has fleshed out his cabinet, so far, he’s stayed hush about the fate of the IRS chief. And conservatives really want Koskinen’s head. “You have the authority to remove Commissioner Koskinen,” Walker writes to Trump, adding that “we encourage you to dismiss him in the most expedient manner practicable.”
Walker’s letter reintroduces that issue in the new 115th Congress, slamming the IRS for “improperly targeting conservative groups” and failing to “demonstrate that officials have definitively ceased targeting conservative groups.” And he’s building on last year’s failed impeachment effort launched by the House Freedom Caucus….
….A month into 2017 and Republicans haven’t repealed Obamacare and Koskinen still has his job. Walker’s RSC is trying to convince Trump to change that. If he fails though, then Koskinen could stay at the IRS until Nov. 12, 2017.
It is no secret that the IRS was used as a weapon to target Conservative groups under the Obama Administration. Everybody involved must be investigated and held accountable. The IRS even gave preferential treatment to Malik Obama who is linked to terrorist organization, Hamas which Gateway Pundit reported on here.
Donald Trump must get rid of everyone in the IRS who plays partisan politics. Our laws must be consistently enforced no matter the political affiliation.