Guest post by Joe Hoft
As the year comes to an end, we’ve put together a list of the 10 most memorable lines from the historic 2016 Presidential campaign.
2016 is a year we will never forget.
10. No one handles protesters like Donald Trump. Where other Republicans would be stunned or left speechless Donald Trump makes lemonade from lemons and has the crowd roaring in laughter.
At one rally this year a leftist protester started screaming during Trump’s speech. Trump stopped his speech and said this:
“Hillary, is that you?”
9. Donald Trump frequently spoke about Hillary Clinton’s lack of energy. In a Florida speech he commented about Hillary’s Health.
[Hillary] gives a 10 minute speech and then “Go[es] back home and go[es] to sleep”.
8. A tradition during the Presidential race is to have both candidates in New York at a Catholic dinner and fund raiser. During this year’s event, Donald Trump presented some of the most awkward jokes in the event’s history in grilling Hillary Clinton. Trump said,
“Hillary is so corrupt…”
and it went downhill from there. The crowd’s reaction was priceless. A sample of these follow:
7. During a Republican debate, Governor Jeb Bush was falling in the polls and Donald Trump let him have it, saying he was “real tough” and adding:
“You know you started off next to me Jeb and you’re moving further and further down the stage. Pretty soon you’re going to be off the stage, Jeb.”
It was soon over for Bush.
6. At one point during the campaign Marco Rubio attacked Trump for the size of his hands…. Trump delivered an epic comeback at the next debate.
5. At one of the final Republican debates Trump had enough of Senators Rubio and Cruz and said,
“First of all, this guy’s a choke artist and this guy’s a liar.”
4. During a Presidential debate with Hillary Clinton, Clinton bumbled about Republican Abraham Lincoln being two faced and Donald Trump took her to task,
“Now she’s blaming the lie on the late, great Abraham Lincoln. Honest Abe, never lied. And that’s the big difference between Abraham Lincoln and you.”
3. Another moment during one of the final Republican debates, Trump encouraged Senators Cruz and Rubio to,
“I know you’re embarrassed. I know you’re embarrassed. But keep fighting. Keep swining. Swing for the fences, boys!”
2. When Trump was pressed in a Republican debate about a former Mexican President saying that he would not pay for that fxxxing wall, Trump responded with,
“the wall just got 10 feet taller!”
1. During the second presidential debate in St Louis, Donald Trump gave the best comeback to Hillary Clinton in Presidential debate history, when she said it was awfully good that Mr. Trump was not in charge of the law in our country –
“Because you’d be in jail.”