Report: Megyn Kelly Is Receiving Death Threats After GOP Debate Performance

trump kelly

FOX anchor Megyn Kelly has reportedly received death threats after her biased performance at the GOP FOX News debate.

Kelly lost the trust of her conservative audience after plotting “gotcha” questions for the Republican candidates at the debate.

** Over 50,000 sign petition to have Kelly banned from future GOP debate.

The New York Times, Media Matters, Katie Couric, and Hillary Clinton praised her performance at the debate.
The Daily Mail reported:

Donald Trump may have mended his relationship with Fox News, but his pack of rabid fans are not about to let go of the public feud with anchor Megyn Kelly.

The GOP front-runner lashed out at Kelly over the weekend for what he called ‘unfair’ questions during the first presidential primary debate, and even went so far as to infer that she was menstruating at the time.

He then stopped doing Fox shows altogether, while continuing to appear on almost every other major network. Fox News President Roger Ailes was able to coax the real estate mogul back into doing press on the network on Monday, but that came at the cost of hanging Kelly out to dry.

Now, Kelly has reportedly been telling Fox producers that she’s been getting death threats from Trump supporters, according to a report from New York Magazine which reveals the behind-the-scenes brokering that brought about the truce between the network and Trump.

Ailes was put in the tough decision between defending one of his most popular anchors, and maintaining his conservative network’s good relationship with the top Republican candidate.

So while Trump went on the offensive against Fox over the weekend, Ailes remained mostly quiet on the matter, simply issuing a statement a day after the debate saying he was ‘extremely proud of all of the moderators.’

But Trump’s stalemate on Fox programming led many executives at the network to start calling on Ailes to personally mend ties with Trump, a source told New York Magazine.

Ailes, however, was initially hesitant because he feared that Trump could use the call against him, perhaps releasing the audio in a move similar to making Lindsey Graham’s phone number public.

Ailes was forced to act on Monday though, after seeing Trump go on four non-Fox public-affairs shows on Sunday, while speaking with NBC’s Today and MSNBC’s Morning Joe that morning.

During the call, Ailes reportedly offered Trump the opportunity to do a special on Kelly’s prime-time show, but the candidate refused.

‘Donald was sufficiently pissed off that there was no way that was happening,’ a person familiar with the call told New York Magazine.

He did, however, agree to start talking on Fox shows against, starting with the morning show Fox and Friends and on Sean Hannity’s program.

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning