Guest Post by Mara Zebest
The audio posted below is from Mark Levin’s show (August 10, 2015 podcast) and in the usual Levin style, he goes through the illegal statistics in a way that paints the true picture that you will not hear from Liberal media. The statistics are featured in the chapter on Immigration in his new book Plunder and Deceit.
Mark explains in the audio segment the following key points (be sure to listen all the way to the end through—even through the commercial break music):
- 1 in 5 public school students are illegals
- 28% of immigrants are in the country illegally not counting those immigrants given amnesty
- Tax dollars subsidizing people who should not be here… and illegals doing the crimes that Americans don’t want to do… while at the same time ILLEGALS are taking the jobs that Americans DO WANT
- On H1-B Visas and STEM skilled immigrants: Which as a side note on candidates that support H1-B Visas (and NOT a part of the audio discussion)—CRUZ SUPPORTS and WROTE A BILL to increase the number of H1-B STEM VISAS. Not to mention Cruz voted to support TPA… but gave a CYA excuse that he voted for TPA (Trans Pacific Agreement) to give McConnell the “benefit of the doubt” when McConnell promised it was a good deal. Really? Cruz didn’t investigate the bill on his own after his own staff warned him about the deal? Give me a break… Cruz liked the immigration legislation in the bill and this is the real reason he voted for it, but in an election year he needs to find a reason to explain the vote. Support for immigration can be expected from an unconstitutionally eligible candidate, thus the reason for the alliance concerns when the founders put the natural born clause into the constitution.
- Wages have remained flat in the last 17 years due to H1-B Visa flowing into the country. ONE-THIRD to ONE-HALF of these visa guest workers are getting these jobs at lower wages over Americans.
- 5.7 million more immigrants working since 2000 while 127,000 less native born American citizens are NOT WORKING since 2000
- New job growth between the years 2000 and 2014 was only 4%
- Between 2000 and 2014, native born citizen population growth for job-age citizens grew by 14% but recall that new job growth was only 4%
- Meanwhile, in the same period of 2000 – 2014 — Illegals have accounted for 100% of the new job growth!