Senate Republicans to Investigate Illegal Information Sharing Between White House & IRS
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
Twenty different Obama officials, including Lois Lerner in the IRS and Marilynn Tavenner at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, have reportedly lost their emails – which is against the law.
Senate Republicans, with their new majority, will investigate illegal information sharing between the Obama White House and IRS.
The Washington Times reported:
Senate Republicans on Thursday asked President Obama to turn over all communications he and his aides have had with the IRS since 2010, hoping to find out whether the tax collection agency shared private taxpayer information with political operatives at the White House.
The request, made in a letter obtained by The Washington Times, is signed by Senate Finance Chairman Orrin G. Hatch and all 13 other Republicans on the committee, and is addressed specifically to Mr. Obama, saying they want to see if his employees broke the law by acquiring or sharing private information.
“We have an obligation to conduct oversight of the federal government’s administration of our tax laws,” the lawmakers wrote. “As part of this oversight, we are seeking to determine the degree to and manner in which the Internal Revenue Service shares taxpayer information with the Executive Office of the President.”
The Obama IRS gave 1.1 million page database of legally protected taxpayer information over to the FBI weeks before the 2010 elections.
The Obama Internal Revenue Service targeted several Christian groups including a 180 year-old Baptist paper.