Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) told Greta Van Susteren on Friday that he has “evidence of a systematic, intentional effort” by the Obama administration to withhold Benghazi documents from Congress.
Rep. Trey Gowdy said Friday that he has evidence of a “systematic, intentional” effort by the Obama administration to withhold documents from Congress about the 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed four Americans.
“I have evidence that, not only are they hiding it, there’s an intent to hide it,” the South Carolina Republican told “On the Record With Greta Van Susteren” on Fox News. “I can’t disclose that evidence yet, but I have evidence that there was a systematic, intentional decision to withhold certain documents from Congress — and we’re just sick of it.”
Shortly after Kerry took over the top State Department job last year, he pledged to cooperate with congressional investigations of the attacks, which also killed information management officer Sean Smith, and former SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.
“He said a year ago, with respect to Benghazi, ‘If you have any trouble getting information, let me know,’” Gowdy told Van Susteren about Kerry. “Well, Mr. Secretary, we’re going to let you know that we’re not getting the information. We’re going to get him to come and explain why we’re getting documents 20 months late.”