The Staten Island mother who took a vacation to Turkey and went missing was found dead today.
She was stabbed to death
Turkish officials released video of Sarai Sierra this week that was taken the day she went missing.

Sarai Sierra traveled to Turkey by herself with side trips to Amsterdam and Germany.
CBS Local reported:

A missing Staten Island woman has been found dead in Istanbul, Turkey, according to a Turkish news agency.

Sarai Sierra, 33, had been missing since Jan. 21 after going on vacation alone in Istanbul.

The Anadolu Agency said residents discovered the body of a woman near some ancient city walls in a low-income district and that police later identified it as Sierra’s.

Police in Istanbul would not immediately confirm the report.

In its report, the private NTV news channel said Sierra was stabbed to death. It said police identified her through her driver license.

A police official in Istanbul said police had questioned a man who had been in contact with Sierra during her stay in the city. The official refused to identify him or provide further details on the arrest. He spoke on condition of anonymity in line with government rules that bar civil servants from speaking to reporters without authorization.

Turkish news reports said Sierra had arranged to meet her contact on a bridge she planned to photograph on the day she went missing.

It was Sierra’s first trip out of the country.

Disable Refresh for 30 Days

Cookies and JavaScript must be enabled for your setting to be saved.

1 2 3

`
  1. #17 February 2, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Flintstone F. commented:

“And Libya is a member of the UN and was on the human rights council. I suppose we should pack up the family and go there next summer.”

I think Somalia would suit you far better.

Virtually no central govt, ruled by religious sects, and armed to the teeth.

Exactly what conservatives are trying to accomplish here.

2. Turkey’s population is around 80mil, give or take. We’re about 300mil, give or take and we do seem to possess a sub-culture of really bad people. Especially in the lib urban areas; Chicago, Detroit, LA. As for your snarky comment about the South, you are a very bad liar. Did no one teach you that bearing false witness is a sin? Tsk. Tsk.

3. The ignorance jharp exhibits is astounding.

4. I had a friend who vacationed in Turkey about 15 years ago. She found out later that they started shooting tourists the day after she left. She was probably lucky. Turkey has been dangerous a long time.

5. As someone who was raised in Turkey and has been there several times since, the truth is that the further that one gets out of the big cities like Constantinople and Ankara the more backwards things get. Seriously. That’s where the bulk of the “honor killings” happen and other weird crap.

While it’s sad that another non-Turkish woman was murdered by the Turks, this has happened before;
    Two Northern Irish women murdered in Turkey
    Two women from Northern Ireland have been stabbed to death by a teenager in a forest in Turkey.

6. #25 February 2, 2013 at 2:45 pm
    Jim commented:

“As someone who was raised in Turkey and has been there several times since, the truth is that the further that one gets out of the big cities like Constantinople and Ankara the more backwards things get. Seriously. That’s where the bulk of the “honor killings” happen and other weird crap. ”

Pretty much exactly like the United States. What is it with the rural areas being overrun with the crazies? And backwardness?

7. jharp,

Fedex will make special medication deliveries even on the weekend.

You must be running low,

8. The woman was a slut, whore, piece of crap, garbage in the minds of muslim men. She was a piece of meat to do whatever some rotten piece of garbage decided to do with her – I bet she was raped.

I know a young, beautiful woman who travels all over the world, but she doesn’t go to muslim countries. Women are not safe in muslim countries, and this ‘jharp’ knows it. Thailand no longer is allowing any muslim boat people to land on their shores – they will provide them food and water and send them back to where they came from. Muslims are slaughtering the Buddhists in Thailand, and they’ve had enough. We should learn from these people – they take care of their own, finally.

9. #27 February 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    Franklin Amman commented:

Got it. I point out to you know nothings that Turkey is a far safer place than the United States.

And I’m the one who needs medicine?

Right. And Romney’s gonna win in a landslide too, right?

You folks are delusion. You have no clue what’s going on. Zero.

10. jharp – most murders in the U.S. are gang and drug related.

11. #30 February 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm
    Joanne commented:

“jharp – most murders in the U.S. are gang and drug related.”

And the sun rises in the east too. What in the hell does that have to do with anything?

12. Her first name “Sarai” is Hebrew in origin. That identity alone, in an increasingly dogmatic Muslim country could have played into this event.

13. #25

“Vacationing as a single woman in Turkey brings a risk because Turkish men, especially outside the big cities tend to think as foreign women as prostitutes. Part of that is because a lot of the prostitutes in Turkey are foreign-mainly from Russia/Ukrain/former USSR.”

This is a fact which has been documented over and over in the middle east. Intrigued by the non PC expose of the white slave trade in the middle east revealed in this 1965 documentary video, Slave Trade In The World I purchased the book upon which it is based, titled, “The White Slave Trade” by Sean O’Callaghan. This book describes how vulnerable, ambitious young women would be conned by promises of wealth and stardom in the ME, performing in cabarets. Once under the care of the con, the young women would be introduced to cocaine (inhaled)to enhance stage performance . . .soon addicted/trapped/abused/enslaved within the ME shariah mindset.
    In other less suspecting circumstances, young women would fall in love with an exotic specimen who ‘marries’ her and is swept off to the middle east with dreams of wedded bliss. Here is one example as written beginning at the bottom of page 52 in O’Callaghan’s book:

“An even more remarkable case of the use of aeroplanes for the transportation of white slaves was told to me by an employee of one of the large oil companies who works in Kuwait. I had first met him in Aden and ran into him again in Beirut. We were discussing my last book “The Slave Trade” when he said:

“you know, Sean, by an amazing soincidence I had just finished reading your book when I saw as brazen and lawful a piece of slave trading, if one can use the word lawful for anything in this filthy racket. As you know I work in Kuwait and come here for enjoyment. Part of my job is to order stores from local merchants. I met one who had often invited me to his house. I went mainly because of boredom, for he was a terrific bore, a name-dropper. He was forever telling me to look up this and that night-club here in Beirut and to mention his name. Eventually I did so, and received a royal welcome. Every one of them were brothels. However, on my last trip I met Ali, accidentally at the airport. He seemed embarrassed to see me, as he was accompanied by four veiled women whom I took to be his wives, of course he didn’t introduce me to them, and I left him after a few minutes conversation. As we left the plane at Kuwait I was right behind one of his wives. When we got on the tarmac she turned to me and said in a perfect cockney accent, ‘Bloody hot, ain’t it?’ Ali heard her and grabbed her, pulling her away.
    After that I made discreet inquiries about Ali. I discovered that in addition to his legitimate business he ran a racket in white slaves. It was a perfectly simple one. As a Muslim he was entitled to have four wives. When he got tired of one he simply said, “I divorce thee’ three times and then he was entitled to take another wife. He sold the wife he had divorced, went to Beirut, bought another one, and repeated the procedure all over again. The English girl was one he had just bought. She was probably a drug addict with no hope of escape. After he tired of her he would sell her too.”

From my own experience I knew that my friend’s story was absolutely true. The all covering gowns the women wear cover a multitude of sins.”

14. I wonder how many organs she is missing.

15. #8 said: News flash buddy. They are a NATO member. That means if they are attacked we are sworn to defend them.

Riight… Just like we were responsible for defending our ambassador in Benghazi.

Good luck with idea.

16. #8 said: News flash buddy. They are a NATO member. That means if they are attacked we are sworn to defend them.

“Riight… Just like we were responsible for defending our ambassador in Benghazi.”

Libya is not a member of NATO. Nor was their country attacked.

And many thanks for that ginned up fake scandal.

Hillary was friggin awesome. Can’t wait to see the campaign ads where she made fools out the republicans.

Coverage like Hillary just got is extremely valuable. And her approvals are in the stratosphere.

President Hillary Rodham Clinton. Get used to it.

17. Jharp. Somalia or Detroit? You make the call, imbecile.

18. jharp says:

——–

You said it so it’s true? How about some in depth analysis. You wouldn’t dare to delve into that mess knowing how difficult it would be to actually defend your insane position.

You say the rural areas here get crazy? No comment on the murder rate in Chicago? DC? L.A.?

Conservatives for the record, numb nuts, want the centralized government to respect the constitution. We conservatives put our hands on our hearts when we say the Pledge Of Allegiance and we understand what those words actually mean.

You do your best to lie in an attempt to demonize people who love their country and their constitution and in doing so, come into a thread to minimize the bad press of a foreign country where an American girl was murdered.

You might want to check yourself, you’re on the wrong side of the argument.

19. #37 February 2, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    Bonnie Blue commented:

“Jharp. Somalia or Detroit? You make the call, imbecile.”

I’ll take Detroit. Used to live there and love that city.

And I’d be more than happy to contribute for your immigration to Somalia. Any chance of you taking saying the entire states of Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky with you?

Us blue staters have supported you red states for far too long.

20. #38 February 2, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    Flintstone F. commented:

jharp says:

——–

“You said it so it’s true? How about some in depth analysis. ”

I posted a link, jackass. Murders are far more common in the United States.

“You do your best to lie in an attempt to demonize people who love their country and their constitution ”

Really? Love their country and the Constitution?

Then why are you red states threatening to secede? Is that how you show your love of the country? Break it up? And honoring the Constitution by dissolving the union?

Yeah, right. I’m the one on the wrong side of the argument.

You folks are the secessionists.

1 2 3