Rep. Todd Akin is now blaming the media, Washington elites and party bosses for the sinkhole he found himself in after his own outrageous rape comments.
The list of conservatives and Republicans who oppose Todd Akin’s senate campaign continues to grow.
Below are just a few examples:
- · Radio/TV Host Sean Hannity urged Akin yesterday to reconsider running and reminded him that “elections are bigger than one person”
- · Radio Host Mark Levin similarly urged Akin to step aside saying this race is far too important to risk losing to the Democrats.
- · Columnist/Radio Host Dennis Prager penned a column for Townhall.com calling on his fellow pro-life leaders to join him in disavowing Akin’s remarks.
- · Columnist Charles Krauthammer on Fox News last night called Akin “toxic” and said “he’s got to go”
- · Radio Host Hugh Hewitt tweeted – “If Akin drops out and GOP wins Senate, he has career. If he stays in and GOP doesn’t win Senate, infamy and injury to prolife cause”
- · Author Ann Coulter penned a column in Human Events calling on Akin to do the right thing and step aside for the good of the pro-life movement
- · National Review editorial board called on Akin to step aside, writing in part, “Akin is a stalwart conservative and an honorable man, we regret to say that he inspires no such confidence”
- · Wall Street Journal editorial board also called on Akin to step aside, writing in part, “Having uttered one of the more offensive and ill-informed comments in recent years, Mr. Akin could cost his party a seat it is favored to win this November and thus possible control of the Senate.”
- · The Tea Party Express called on Akin to step aside saying “It is critical that we defeat Senator Claire McCaskill in November, but it will be too difficult to achieve that with Todd Akin as the conservative alternative.”
5 Top Missouri Republicans (Ashcroft, Blunt, Talent, Bond and Danforth)
This afternoon Senator Marco Rubio was the latest “party boss” to ask Todd Akin to step down.
More at the Looking Spoon.
UPDATE: MO Rep. Vicky Hartzler joins call for Akin to quit Senate race.