Pastor Rick Warren: Obama’s Policies Endanger Religious Freedom (Video)

Pastor Rick Warren told ABC yesterday that Barack Obama’s policies on contraception endanger religious freedom.
NewsMax reported:

Acclaimed evangelical minister and best-selling author Rick Warren slammed the Obama administration’s approach to contraception and debt Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

Warren told interviewer Jake Tapper that he is not satisfied with the administration’s compromise on a requirement that religious-affiliated organizations provide contraception coverage to employees, and said religious freedom is at stake.

“The issue here is not about women’s health,” Warren said. “There is a greater principle, and that is do you have the right to decide what your faith practices?”

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

• Franklin Amman

Is Rick Warren orbiting Earth getting ready for re-entry?

• Bubba

Well, loser, maybe you’ll think twice before you allow yourself to be used as a useful idiot. Yes, yes, we all remember how Warren whored himself out in ’08 and gave Barry a platform to brand himself as a “hey…check it out…I’m just a Jesus loving Christian…just like McCain–that’s right, Rich…I LOVE Jesus…and hey…let me just say, I’m the biggest champion of religious freedom and choice that you’ll ever find” mainstream candidate.

I remember how Warren went to great lengths after being duped and used by Barry to tout how any of his concerns about the commie marxist were put to rest after talking to him for, what, half an hour.

You know the ultra sad thing? This idiot would probably be down with another redux of a “let’s hear how much Barry loves us fellow Christians” sit and spin session.

Fool me once, idiot. Fool…me…once…

• Dittogirl

Is this the same man that went to O’s inauguration? The same man that was kissing his arse a few years back?
    Oh wait, yes it was! Now we all pretty much ignore the arseclown!

• valerie

“The issue here is not about women’s health,”

Oh, yeah? How so?

There’s a good answer to my question, and it goes like this: “because contraception is cheap and readily available right now to anybody who wants it.”

Seriously, he left out a very important part of the answer.

• Perhaps Rick Warren should have availed himself of the information that was out there about this man before he gave him the legitimacy of the platform of his mega-church.

How much cover did Rick Warren’s legitimizing treatment give to this anti-American infanticide advocate?

Rick Warren waded into presidential politics without doing his due diligence, and now he’s askeered. Useful idiot doesn’t begin to describe him. His ego as a famous author and pastor of a megachurch commanded his entry into the 2008 presidential election, and now we all share in paying the price for his ego.

• Observer

Rick Warren was & is a useful idiot. Lenin labeled Warren’s type that nearly a 100 years ago and he still has not caught on. Bet he will vote for Teh Otyrant again. Stupid is as stupid does.

well, bg reported it the other day, but hey..

that GP opened a post about it is way 8) ..

• susan d

Gosh, golly, gee-now you get it, Pastor? A little late in the game, isn’t it? Well, better late than never, right? It’s because of dumbos like you that we have a president who is limiting reigious freedom. Maybe next time you will think twice before ever supporting another Democrat.

• Pingback: Pastor Rick Warren: Obama’s Policies Endanger Religious Freedom (Video)()

• democraps suck

When will people in the USA wake up and realize that mooslums hate Christians…and we have a mooslum in charge…doesn’t take an Einstein to figure this out now does it????

• SturJen

So a guy who’s been a whore for the Left even gets it, but millions of womyn are still thinking it’s all about big bad Catholics who are gonna take their pwecious birth control pills from their hands.

Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day…..

• BurmaShave

Hey, Rick, don’t you remember; this is what Obama said was “above his pay scale” ON YOUR DEBATE!

And, now four years later, you are whining?!?

You are not much of a judge of character, if you could not smell this rat.

also posted the following a few days ago,
    but just found out the link went haywire..

one of these preachers is not like the others.. 😀

[Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California, has
    made tens millions of dollars off his books, such as “A Purpose Driven Life.
    ” He’s made so much that, in 2005, he returned 25 years of salary to
    the church and stopped accepting new paychecks
    . Warren and his
    wife say they are “reverse tithers” who give away 91 percent of their
    income to charity and live off nine percent.

BurmaShave #12 April 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

oh please, it wasn’t his place to play gotcha..

what has happened to all the critical
    thinkers that used to post here?? 🙁

• Amjean

What is interesting to me is that more and more persons are speaking out, bringing up Obama’s negatives. Of which there are plenty.

It appears that people are no longer scared to speak out against him or his socialist regime.
    Or, if they are scared, they are willing to put it on the line for principle and country.

I applaud them all.

look, i don’t like or dislike him, but imo, he does
    seem to be saying and doing the right things..

Saddleback Civil Forum on the Presidency @ 16:55

Rick Warren on Obama’s “above my pay grade” comment

more here..

clarification re: #16 April 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm bg

him = Rick Warren..

• Pingback: Pastor Rick Warren: Obama’s Policies Endanger Religious Freedom (Video) | Born Conservative()

• The basic question of “do you have the right to what your faith practices?” To a liberal the answer is “NO, you do not have the right to what your faith practices” if that practice is contrary to Liberalism’s ideology of God given rights, individual sovereignty, freedom to go out on your own and begin your life, and I’m not talking about what Obama said about “us” believing that everyone is, “on your own”. I’m not and you know it. What is protected by our Constitution is you will not be hindered by the government or it’s agents, like the EPA, TSA, OSHA, or any other thing in order to go do what you want.

You know as well as I do that other people will help you if you ask, in most cases that is. If they have no reason to suspect you of being any kind of threat to them, they will help you. That’s the way it’s always been. But what Obama and liberals are talking about is you not being able to do anything on your own, as they want you to know that they are there to help you. That is a lie. What the government under control of Liberalism is they have no intention of helping you, what they intend to do for you is to “control” you. They will tell you what to do, how to do it, how far, how long, and what to use. When people grow up hearing all that, they have no idea that they can do anything on their own. They have no idea that they can figure out what to do on their own because in some way the government has told them they can’t without their help.

And as it goes the liberals have put all these messages in the schools, and the government wants your kids younger and younger all the time. Pretty soon they will be just like the Soviet Union used to be where periotically a government representative would come to the village and go around to the families and test the children to see who is better suited to go to government schools, or what, usually heavy industry or a government farm if they lacked the intellegence needed to past the government entrance tests.

See, like I have always said is that if we tested all the Blacks who wanted to enter the non Black public school system we would have gotten the best Blacks and nothing would have had to have been done to the educational system to accomodate the ignorant Blacks who could not in any way keep up with the level or standard of excellence found in all non Black public schools in America. That’s how we were able to put men on the moon and no one else in the world could do that and the reason why is because of America’s high standard of excellence found in our schools that were not taken over by the government with all kinds of whoever being allowed to get in. There were schools that were set up to deal with kids who had low intellegence and they were called “remedial schools” that just taught “reading, writing, and arithmatic” which was good enough for any kid to get a job regardless of their race. And the remedial schools were not ways to just get White kids ready for a job, they were for anyone.

I’m just trying to explain that Liberalism is not compatible with anything America was created to promote, protect, and provide for anyone who wanted that thing to be part of their life. Long before Obama the liberals had been trying to legislate human nature out of people, and you just can’t do that no matter how hard you try. What you end up with is imprisonment or enslavement. There is no other way to make sure a human being stays in control because human beings aren’t supposed to be in control, God gave us a “Free Will”. That means you aren’t supposed to try to control them, you are supposed to “guide” them with rules, limits, and some minor restrictions. That way people know how far they can go and still be free to go where they want and do what they want. It’s just like raising a child the old way where you give the child rules to follow. Remember that? Liberalism doesn’t allow for any rules. They have you under control so you don’t go anywhere they don’t want you to go, or do what they don’t want you to do. That it not freedom, that is jail.

• Practical Jane

Tool. Fool. Pastor Obot.

• [email protected]

So tell me Pastor Poser, how many precious sheep did you lead astray for The Great Odogma?

• DANEgerus

So uh Rick Warren… wasn’t this the guy we were warning you about? Maybe you shouldn’t have voted for him?

• where did the posters go? You ran them off probably, bg. We get it-you’re the smartest blah blah, i said it first, blah blah, you can’t possibly understand, blah blah, sit back, be quiet, and read my superior thoughts, blah blah, I I , me me, Blah blah. I don’t know you personally, but I’m guessing when you walk in the room there is a collective groan and mass movement towards the exits

old glazier #23 April 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

yah right, you just reminded me that many were disgusted with the
    blatantly distorted pro & anti candidate posts aside from me, as a
    matter of fact, i was surprised by how many.. 🙁

on second thought re:

me striking fear in the hearts of critical thinkers..

ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!!
    ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!!
    ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!! ROTF 😆 MBO!!

• Granny

You mean the Rick Warren who bought O the “Christian” vote? That Rick Warren . . I guess he hasn’t read that part about reaping what you sow.

• wanumba

#23 April 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm
    old glazier commented:
    where did the posters go?

Off reading bg’s links. What’s your value-added.. apart from whinging?

• wanumba

#26 April 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    Granny commented:
    You mean the Rick Warren who bought O the “Christian” vote?

I couldn’t tell the ‘acclaimed minister’ apart from climatehockeystick clusterpuck Michael Manning.

…still can’t…actually

• dear wanumba, I’m a retired construction worker new at this. Been here for aweek or so, liked it because it I am interested in conservative politics and the opinions of others. I’m not an expert on computers, links etc., but i can rig a load and get it to the 30th floor without killing anybody. bg asked a question and I gave my opinion. Should I go away or just sit on the stfu couch with the rest of the lessers? Glad bg has a friend tho.

• wanumba

April 9, 2012 at 7:02 pm
    old glazier commented:

Well, howdy then. (I’m also just a visitor so I’m not any official greeter of course)

bg’s been posting for years with enthusiasm. bg would be the first to agree we don’t always see eye to eye, but so what? Life’s too short to take any disagreement personally. What’s the point of being anonymous if one can’t separate one’s ego from the argument? Should be liberating … as in LIBERTY … not as in libertine where no restraint on a mouth or decorum is maintained.

It does take practice practice to learn how to debate with decorum and effectiveness in the public square, and in short posting. A writing/rhetoric skill that has to be developed. We’re all still working on better conveying our points without getting grumpy.

That’s all. Been A LOT of nasty foul-mouthed faking trolls the past month, slithering around trying to make trouble so it’s been a bit tedious, but that’s no one’s fault here.

• donh

Rick Warren was an emergency stand in called up to replace Jeremiah Wright…He obviously wasn’t fully initiated into the Obama cult.

• lizzy84

There was a time when I might’ve said, ‘Well, maybe Warren does not know much about the issues or maybe he doesn’t understand what the guy he’s cozy with is doing to the Country.’ But, you know what? He’s got to know about Islam. There’s just no way that he doesn’t:

He’s officially outside my circle of trust.

• wanumba, thanks for the tips. Personally, this is probably as good as it gets for me. My complaint was tone not substance,oh well. I did learn a lot from WillofLa though.

well, the honest to goodness truth is we can’t kill them all..

what we can do is try and keep the anti-Islamist Muslims
    at arms length as they are slowly but surely converted.. 🙂

• Taqiyyotomist

Rick Warren is a Heretical Money-grubbing Jackass.

Go there and search the page (hit CTRL-F for FIND, and OPTION-F on MAC) for “rick”.

(she doesn’t yet have permalinks to her posts, sadly)

Superfun rockband church grand poo-bah Rick Warren of Saddleback House of Self-Worship and Slackjawed Narcissism out in California has jumped the shark and gone full-throttle-stupid, proving that the vast majority of so-called Christian clergy today are unlearned, untrained, functionally theologically illiterate snakeoil salesmen whose “formation” and “education” is nothing more than a crackerjack boobie prize and punchline to a satanic, sick joke.
    Ol’ Rick has formed a Christian-musloid club, akin to “Jews for the Third Reich” or “Nanking for the 16th Division of the Shanghai Expeditionary Force”. One of the core planks of this sick spectacle is “acknowledging that Christians and muslims worship the same God.”

Dry heave-inducing citation link here:

Rick Warren is a heretical, blaspheming agent of evil. For a man who has made himself into an eight-figure millionaire off of quasi-Christian entertainment and pop-psychology, you would THINK that MAYBE he would sit down and, oh, I dunno, READ? You would think that a man in his position, if he was truly concerned about Jesus – and I mean the Real Jesus, Jesus Christ, true God and true Man – not the abstract philosophical construct that Warren has created inside his head, made his “special imaginary friend”, and named “jesus”. No, I’m not talking about Warren’s imaginary friend/cash cow “jesus”. I’m talking about the Real Jesus, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity who went to the Cross for Warren – the Real Jesus who Warren wouldn’t know, or frankly care about, and has no problem whatsoever equating with the single most evil pagan deity ever conceived, just so Warren can advance his own evil cult, line his own pockets, and let’s be honest – position himself with the media for the lucre of political office down the road. You would think that Warren would actually give enough of a crap to sit down and make DAMN SURE that he wasn’t, you know, WRONG about equating Jesus to . . . ANYONE or ANYTHING.

Warren is so stupid, and so consumed with lust for money and power that he is willing to state that “allah” is the same as the Triune Godhead. Jesus Christ being the Second Person of the Triune Godhead is therefore, according to Warren, “allah”. Okay, Warren, you nauseating Judas. How do you explain Jesus saying the following things, because that is what you are arguing, you skidmark on the bathtowel of Christendom:

Say: ‘Praise be to allah who has never begotten a son; who has no partner in his kingdom. (Koran 17:111)

Allah will say: ‘Jesus, son of Mary, did you ever say to mankind ‘Worship me and my mother as gods besides allah?’ ‘Glory to You,’ he will answer, ‘how could I ever say that to which I have no right?” (Koran 5:114) [Mary never has been and never will be worshiped as God, BTW. This is boilerplate anti-Christian dumbassery.]

Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends. (Koran 5:51)

The only true faith in allah’s sight is islam. (Koran 3:19)

How shall I bear a child,’ she [Mary] answered, ‘when I am a virgin…?’ ‘Such is the will of allah,’ he replied. ‘That is no difficult thing for him…God forbid that allah himself should beget a son!…Those who say: ‘The Lord of Mercy has begotten a son,’ preach a monstrous falsehood…” (Koran 19:12, 29, 88)

Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]…until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued. (Koran 9:27)

Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. (Koran 9:5)

And they deceived and allah deceived, and allah is the best of the deceivers. (Koran 3:54)

I could go on and on and on.

The miserable, blaspheming con artist Warren needs to be confronted and FORCED to explain how EXACTLY it is that JESUS CHRIST could simultaneously be both the Second Person of the Triune Godhead and the faux-deity “allah”, to whom every syllable above is attributed as the perfect word of allah – who again, Warren insists and openly proclaims is THE SAME BEING as Jesus Christ.

As a person who has found myself with hundreds of thousands of people reading and listening to what I say, please understand the gravity of these words:

To whom much is given, much will be required, indeed.

But he that shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of scandals. For it must needs be that scandals come: but nevertheless woe to that man by whom the scandal cometh. And if thy hand, or thy foot scandalize thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee. It is better for thee to go into life maimed or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thy eye scandalize thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee. It is better for thee having one eye to enter into life, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire. See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
    Matthew 18:6-10

Christ uses the viscerally disturbing and frightening imagery of drowning and severing and gouging parts of one’s own body to smack us and shake us into comprehending the enormous gravity of heresy. Rick Warren needs to be run out of town on a proverbial rail, not only for the good of the people whom he is leading astray, and to put a stop to his treasonous collusion with the forces of evil, but also for his own good.

And now you also know where I picked up my brutal rhetorical style. Better to offend some delicate sensibilities than to watch anyone be lost to hell for lack of comprehension.

• Taqiyyotomist

In other words: he’s a “stopped clock” alright.

WillofLa #19 April 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm

after much observation and research,
    not to mention decades ( 😀 ) imho..

the Democrats of yesteryear are the Republicans of today..

the Socialists of yesteryear are the Democrats of today..

unfortunately, i see Socialism morphing further into oblivion of all else,
    or as Hayek put it, Naziism is Socialism, and as Glenn Beck explains
    the methodology via The Overton Window..

aah, but at one time liberalism was ideal, still is in it’s original form..

[Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis) is the belief in the importance of liberty
    and equal rights. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their
    understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such
    as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human
    rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.

Liberalism first became a powerful force in the Age of Enlightenment,
    rejecting several foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier
    theories of government, such as nobility, established religion, absolute
    monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The early liberal thinker John
    Locke, who is often credited for the creation of liberalism as a distinct
    philosophical tradition, employed the concept of natural rights and the
    social contract to argue that the rule of law should replace absolutism
    in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed,
    and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and

The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution
    used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule.
    The nineteenth century saw liberal governments established in nations
    across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Liberal ideas spread
    even further in the twentieth century, when liberal democracies triumphed
    in two world wars and survived major ideological challenges from fascism
    and communism. Today, liberalism in its many forms remains as a political
    force to varying degrees of power and influence on all major continents.]

• lizzy84

@ Taqiyyotomist

great link..the tool will do or say anything to make a buck.

more…Letting Hillary Clinton speak at Saddleback {insert another laugh track,Hillary?}

testing 123..

not allowed to post??

OT.. April 9, 2012

Rasmussen: Supreme Court Ratings Jump

[Just before the highly publicized hearing on the constitutionality of President Barack Obama’s healthcare law, ratings for the U.S. Supreme Court had fallen to the lowest level ever measured by Rasmussen Reports. Now, following the hearings, approval of the court is way up.

Forty-one percent of likely U.S. voters now rate the Supreme Court’s performance as good or excellent, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. That’s up 13 points from 28 percent in mid-March and is the court’s highest rating in 2 1/2 years.

Read more on Rasmussen: Supreme Court Ratings Jump
    Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama’s Re-Election? Vote Here Now!]

okay, i’m not allowed to post the link for the following,
    so you’ll have to religionfacts Google for yourselves..

Muslims believe in the “Virgin Mary”, Muslims also believe that
    “Jesus” was a prophet of whom there will be a second coming..

you see, the Koran was plagiarized, both the Jewish & Christian
    Bible teachings were incorporated into Satans book of deceit in
    order to to deceive..

#35 April 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm

• bigL

I like #25 bg’s comment…ROFL, LOLOLOl…
    He and Dolan…I am sick of these weakings that voted for this phony. And their thousands of
    congregants that were “encouraged” (set-up)…to vote for you-know-who…

• Francesca

I haven’t read through all the comments on this yet, but I have to say that Rick Warren has said some foolish and ignorant things. Just recently, he came out and said that Allah and God are the same God. That is beyond absurd, and for someone in his position to make statements like that causes me to question his true beliefs. Or maybe he just wants to be PC to the max, the truth be damned. Either way, I do not trust him nor respect him at all.

• Pingback: Pastor Rick Warren: Obama’s Policies Endanger Religious Freedom (Video) | Liberal Whoppers()

• owl

They all crawled in that bed. The Jewish political arm would not even let Palin speak. The Catholics invited and honored him to Notre Dame. Media? If you can stand that crap from Mr Bill O’Reilly’s interview with Bush vs Obama, you tough. And these were suppose to be the good guys.

About time Pastor Warren stood up. Good on him. Now can we see a few more with courage?

owl #47 April 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm

• Francesca

Read #35 – post by Ann Barnhardt for more, specific examples of Rick Warren’s non-Christianity. What he is spewing is NOT Christianity, not even close.

via a religiousfacts link i’m not permitted to post:

Muslims believe in the “Virgin Mary”, Muslims also believe that
    “Jesus” was a prophet of whom there will be a second coming..

• Rev. Wrong

Pastor Warren has demonstrated a lack of spiritual discernment for some time. Perhaps he has seen the light?

not to distract, but get a load of this crap.. 🙁

• Pingback: Pastor Rick Warren: Obama's Policies Endanger Religious Freedom … « CHRISTIAN PARENT HUB- CHRISTIAN PARENT NEWS AGGREGATOR()

• Pingback: Pastor Rick Warren: Obama's Policies Endanger Religious Freedom …()

• wanumba

#33 April 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    old glazier commented:

Oh, you’re very welcome. After making a lot of bloopers overs the years, I’ve found the correct tone is often hard to convey in a short post. If you don’t get the reaction you thought you would, then clarify and look at how to rephrase the next time. Can’t improve without practicing and getting feedback, pro and con. Everybody is in the same boat, bullseye debate perfection one day, total miss the next. If we can’t shrug it off, we can’t function. All the best.

• squeaky

obama’s policies may be the true test of faith. if a mandate is a violation of your beliefs [religious or not] will you put them aside and betray who you thought you were or will you hold fast. it’s one thing to lie to others but another to lie to yourself.

• Mariah

This is no way infringes on religious freedom? Is he forcing YOU personally to use contraception? No. Is he even forcing religious institutions to pay for contraception for their employees? No. The only people who will be covering the cost of contraception are the insurance companies. Birth control pills can have a multitude of health benefits for its users, not including its use as a contraceptive. Can you say the same about Viagra, also covered by health insurance?

• Gary

bg 37

the Democrats of yesteryear are the Republicans of today..

the Socialists of yesteryear are the Democrats of today..

I’ve been saying that for years.
    As for Socialism = Nazism, that’s literally true. Nazism = National Socialism.
    On a related note, Fascism = authoritarian nationalism (where the state controls everything). That’s why it’s so funny when a lib calls a Conservative “fascist”.

• Gary

Old Glazier

Glad to see you’re still here.
    Hang in there.
    Just remember we’re all Conservatives here. Conservatism, unlike liberalism, is not monolithic. It permits people to have difference of opinions and still be a Conservative.
    So don’t get bent out of shape if you get called out on a post. Defend your viewpoint if it is defensible and then you’ll be a better debater for when you find yourself in a room full of libs.
    And if your position turns out to be indefensible, then lesson learned.
    I retracted a post on this site just yesterday.
    They’re not all winners.

• Gary

Further on the point of #60, it’s a few years old now, but Jonah Goldberg’s Liberal Fascism is a pretty good read. Big book though. I suggest getting the version and listening to it instead.

• Gary

Mariah 59

You might not be aware that most companies pay the bulk of the medical insurance cost for the employee. If the insurance company is mandated to pay for the condoms instead of the church, but the church shoulders a majority of the insurance premiums, isn’t that the same thing? It’s just a shell game. The church is still paying for the condoms. And it’s still wrong.