Sounds Fishy– White House Passes Blame for Unsolicited Emails
The White House today passed blame for the unsolicited “fishy” emails promoting Obamacare that were sent out last week.
FOX News reporter Major Garrett confronted White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on the suspicious and unsolicited Axelrod emails on Thursday:
FOX News reported:
The White House for the first time Sunday somewhat acknowledged that people across the country received unsolicited e-mails last week on health care from the administration, suggesting the problem on third-party groups it claimed placed the recipients’ names on the distribution list.
In a written statement released exclusively to FOX News, White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said the White House hopes those who received the e-mails without signing up for them were not “inconvenienced” by the messages.
“The White House e-mail list is made up of e-mail addresses obtained solely through the White House Web site. The White House doesn’t purchase, upload or merge from any other list, again, all e-mails come from the White House Web site as we have no interest in e-mailing anyone who does not want to receive an e-mail,” the statement said. “If an individual received the e-mail because someone else or a group signed them up or forwarded the e-mail, we hope they were not too inconvenienced.”
The White House previously would not answer questions on how the e-mails landed unsolicited in so many inboxes.