In Search of Jamil Hussein & Other AP "Problematics"
Curt at Flopping Aces also got an invite.
That sounds exciting, to say the least!
While they are there, I hope they can look up a few other “questionables”…
Here is the long list of problematic Iraqi Police/Ministry of Interior spokesmen quoted by the AP and others that the military says it cannot verify as legitimate employees of the IP/MOI published at Flopping Aces:
* police Lt. Ali Abbas
* police Capt. Mohammed Abdel-Ghani.
* Police Brigadier Sarhat Abdul-Qadir
* Mosul police Director Gen. Wathiq al-Hamdani
* police Lt. Bilal Ali
* Ali al-Obaidi, a medic at Ramadi Hospital, police Maj. Firas Gaiti said.
* Police Captain Mohammed Ismail
* Brig. Abdul-Karim Khalaf, the Interior Ministry spokesman (a.k.a. Police Brigadier Abd al-Karim Khalaf, Brig. Gen. Abdul-Karim Khalaf, Brig. Abdel-Karim Khalaf)
* Mohammed Khayon, a Baghdad police lieutenant
* police spokesman Mohammed Kheyoun. (a.k.a. Police Lieutenant Mohammed Khayoun)
* Lt. Thaer Mahmoud, head of a police section responsible for releasing daily death tolls
* police Lt. Bilal Ali Majid said
* police Lt. Ali Muhsin.
* police 1st. Lt. Mutaz Salahhidine. (a.k.a. Lieutenant Mutaz Salaheddin)
* Col. Abbas Mohammed Salman policeman Haider Satar
I wrote Centcom a few times since last week and they are still searching for answers from the Iraqi police. Centcom responded and is looking into this latest “questionable” source used by the Associated Press in their report on the car bombings at the Iraqi market. This AP writer reported that Lt. Ali Muhsin reported that 91 were killed in the blasts. Later reports put the total somewhere around 50.
We have requested our contact in the Coalition Police Assistance Training Team to get back to us. The length of time this takes seems to vary from week to week. I know the MOI is moving locations this week so I am not optimistic.
Michael B. Dean
Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
MNC-I Joint Operations Center
Public Affairs Officer
AP Is Busted! Uses BOGUS Source For Months in Iraqi Fables!
Lt. Maithem Abdul Razzaq- The Other Bogus AP Source
Sorry AP… Your Torched Sunni Report Is Still Very Bogus!
AP Is Outraged! Promises to Keep Using Hoaxers for Reports!
Iraqi Death Rates & Bogus AP Sources: Correlation or Coincidence?
Iraqi Ministry Will Take Legal Action Against Bogus Journalists
Where Is the AP’s Proof They Keep Talking About?
AP Back On That Bogus News Source Saddle(?)